Parochial Report Instructions
Congregational Reporting for 2019
Congregational Reporting this year will be due March 1st. The Financial and Membership portions of this report will be incorporated in the online Provincial Report for the ACNA. You should be receiving further details directly from the Province early next week. The full PDF version of their report is available for those who wish to distribute the work and get started.
Basic parish information on every congregation has been preloaded for you. It is recommended that after setting up a User ID and logging in, you check that information and make any needed additions or corrections. The information you provide here will be the profile displayed to anyone in the world searching for an ACNA parish in our area. Providing good information now will bless your parish in the long run.
The information being requested by the Diocese of South Carolina includes that regarding Generational Ministries, Parochial Contacts and Clergy Salary Worksheets. The fillable PDF’s for preparing these reports may also be found on the Diocesan website. Please read through the instructions for the Clergy Salary Worksheet before completing that form.
As always, if you have questions, please feel free to contact either the Rev. Canon Jim Lewis or Mrs. Nancy Armstrong. Completed Diocesan forms should be emailed to Nancy by March 1st. The Provincial information will be provided directly to the Diocese by the ACNA. Be sure to save permanent copies of both your Provincial and Diocesan reports for your parish permanent records.
Why Does This Matter?
This reporting is important because it
- Ensures the proportional representation of your congregation and diocese in the councils of the Church.
- Helps our Diocese and Province get beyond anecdotal information in order to evaluate larger trends within our Church.
- Is an opportunity to update vital contact information for yourself and your congregation for the diocese and potential visitors.
How Does This Report Help Visitors Find My Congregation?
The online reporting software is the foundation of the new provincial website and parish finder, and your congregation’s particular page will be a point of contact for those looking for an Anglican church in your area. Although the reporting season will end on March 1st, you have access to this system year-round in order to be able to update information about your parish (worship times, programs, etc.) and highlight your ministries for prospective visitors.
Is there a hard copy of the report?
Yes, the Provincial report is available as a PDF. The Diocesan forms will be distributed shortly after the New Year as a fillable PDF. Some congregations prefer to hand out sections of the PDF to the relevant ministry leaders (ex. the “Worship” section goes to the Rector, “Stewardship” section goes to Treasurer, etc.) have them fill it in on paper first, and then add it to the online system.
What if I Need Assistance?
- The website has both video tutorials and a FAQ section where you can find answers about the Provincial portions.
- You can contact me at email@example.com and if I know the answer I will be happy to help you, particularly regarding the Diocesan portions.
- There is also a “Support” tab on the website, where a volunteer is available to assist you. (Please understand that there will be thousands of people using the system, but there are only a few support staff. If you don’t get someone via live chat right away, you can leave a message and they will get back with you as soon as they are able.)
As the clergy of your parish, I invite you to please share this message with the appropriate ministry leaders in your congregation. I’ll be following up with you prior to January 15 to provide the informational PDFs needed for the Diocesan reports. Everything else can be done online.
Thanks in advance for your part in helping make this important process go smoothly.